BIOFORCE. EMPOWERING HUMANITARIANS
Bioforce is looking for a Logistic Administration & Finance Manager to support the country mission in Beirut Office. Since July 2018, Bioforce has been implementing capacity building projects in Beirut and Tripoli.
Our current projects aim at reinforcing the leadership and the capacities of local actors in the response to crises in the Tripoli district. For 2022, Bioforce is expecting new funding to develop further its programmes in the North and the South of Lebanon.
As Logistic Administration & Finance Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) you will be in charge of all the daily Logistics, Administration and Finance for the mission.
For more information on Bioforce: www.bioforce.org
Main responsibilities and tasks
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Mission (HoM) and in consultation with the HR and Finance departments of Bioforce HQ
- Finance/Budget/Accounting: She/he ensures the hands on financial management of the mission, she/he manages, monitors and provides specific information on the financial situation, including budgetary elements, accounting elements and mission cash flow position. She/he can be requested to actively participate in drafting the budgets on new proposals and the financial reporting of projects. In strong links with the HQ Finance department, she/he is responsible for producing data for the monthly accounts and annual closure and attends the monthly budget monitoring meetings. S/he also is responsible for the cash management.
- Human Resources: She/he is responsible for the administrative management of the staff, for the updates of procedures and HR management tools in accordance with labor regulations in Lebanon and Bioforce HR policies. She/he monitors risks linked to HR matters with the help of the Bioforce legal advisor.
- Administrative/Legal Management: She/he supervises administrative matters and their development in connection with Lebanon administrations and governmental bodies. She/he ensures that the legal status and functioning of the mission are compliant with Lebanon’s law with the support of Bioforce legal advisor
- Logistics: She/he ensures compliance with Bioforce and donors’ procurement procedures. She/he supports the HoM with drafting procurement plans for each project and according to Bioforce internal procedures. She/he ensures the sound management of assets and more globally supervises the office functioning. She/he is responsible for all the procurement/purchasing.
- She/he can also be requested to drive for transportation of goods and/or personnel.
- Coordination: She/he participates in the coordination of the mission. She/he supports the Head of Mission and headquarters in decision making by providing all information on the mission’s financial, administrative, legal, HR and logistics aspects.
- I. FINANCIAL, BUDGETARY AND ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT
- Under the Guidance of Finance department at HQ she/he elaborates and updates monitoring tools (Allocation table, Budgets, etc.) to ensure a strict and close financial follow up of the mission and mitigates financial risks. She/he is in charge of financial analysis (under supervision of budget controller at HQ) and shares her/his conclusions with the HoM
- She/he ensures the implementation of financial, accounting and budgetary procedures in line with Bioforce and donors’ requirements
- She/he ensures expenditure procedures are respected and implements
- She/He also participates in the validation of procurement files
- She/he supports the financial audits on the mission and supervises the transmission of the necessary documents and information for audits made in HQ.
- She/he participates, in coordination with the HoM and HQ, in budget development, and updates
- She/he supports the design of new budgets in connection with the HoM and HQ.
- She/he ensures the budget respects the donors’ requirements/procedures and ensures the fair financial coverage of the mission
- She/he supports the preparation of monthly budget monitoring of each project and prepares a monthly analysis of the situations (forecast/actual expenses, discrepancies, budget flexibility, etc). She/he communicates her/his conclusions to the HoM and HQ
- She/he ensures funds are correctly allocated for each project, respecting the contractual framework in terms of eligibility rules (date, nature and procurement procedures) and reporting intervals. She/he pays special attention to the respect of donor requirement/procedures
- She/he supports HQ for projects financial reports to donors; he/she sends them to the Head of Mission for prior validation and transmission to headquarters.
- She/he supervises the expenses allocation in the cash/bank books ensuring quality through regular checks and controls. She/he supervises the accounting and the monthly closure. She/he crosschecks the exchange rate calculation. She/he sends the monthly accounts by email to HQ and makes sure paper accounting is sent as well on a regular basis
- She/he is responsible for the correct archiving of accounting documents according to the rules established by HQ
- Cash Management
- She/he monitors on a regular basis the mission cash flow situation
- She/he prepares the monthly cash request to HQ based on the the forecasted expenses needed by the programme. She/he ensures the amount requested will cover the mission needs over the period, taking into account possible donor payments carried out locally
- She/he is responsible for the petty cash management.
- ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL MANAGEMENT
- She/he supervises the mission arrivals and departures of staff (bookings, travel documents, transit, vacation requests, return sheet…) in coordination with the Head of Mission and headquarters
- She/he ensures the constitution of administrative files for the personnel, and monitors that employee documents are in line with the country labour law for both expat and local staff (registration with local authorities and embassies, etc)
- She/he supports the HoM for the local staff remuneration grids (fixed and variable elements), defines the complementary advantage packages (compulsory or not: medical cover, per diem, insurance, travel expenses…) and ensures their implementation, once validated by the Head of Mission and Headquarters
- She/he supervises monthly pay operations for local staff, monitors absences and leaves, validates tax and social security calculations and ensures their timely payment.
- With the support of the Lawyer and HoM she/he ensures the registration of Bioforce in Lebanon and with the different State departments (Tax office, Immigration Authorities, Social Security, Ministries, etc.) are respecting administrative procedures, legal and fiscal requirements
- Under HoM responsibility, she/he supervises the contractual documents for the mission (with the authorities, NGO partners, suppliers, insurers, vehicle and rented property owners…) and ensures their monitoring
- She/he monitors administrative and legal changes which could impact the mission and/or the project implementation
- She/he is responsible for the good relations with Bioforce legal counsellor and obtains advice and support on all legal matters (changes in law, relations with authorities, validation of contractual documents, etc.)
- LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- She/he participates in calls for tender, procurement plans, bid analysis and the selection of preferred providers, ensuring the quality of the files and the fair procurement choices
- She/he supervises the correct implementation of the logistics procedures, with a particular attention to the procurement process
- She/he controls the presence of an updated inventory lists, the quality of the fleet management and the provision of quality support services in Bioforce premises.
Bachelor or university degree
Skills and experience
At least 5 years of experience with an international NGO, managing Finance and HR
Compulsory: Understanding of logistics management, a real asset
Extensive experience in the following domains:
- Budget monitoring
- Cash flow management
- Financial reporting
- HR management
Knowledge and skills
- Sound knowledge of Lebanon Ministry of Labour and Finance regulations
- Good knowledge of institutional donor procedures
- Demonstrable skills in the field of finance and accounting, procedures and systems in the context of an NGO;
- Strong financial acumen and proven drive for results;
- Excellent analytical and advisory skills with high work standards and ability to promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment;
- Strong team-player with ability to work in virtual teams;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environment
Inception date: As of February 2022
Status: Consultancy or National employee contract
Contract: 1 year (renewable, subject to performance and funding)
Place: Beirut (with travel to project sites in Lebanon)